PLEASE ALLOW UP TO 6 WEEKS FOR PRODUCTION.
The Dirt King performance lower control arms were developed to withstand off-road abuse and not compromise the vehicle's on-road driving characteristics. The most vulnerable suspension component on the 4Runner's and FJ Cruiser's are the lower control arms. The Dirt King control arms have additional ground clearance and include 1/8" aluminum skid plates for added protection. If there's any major contact the internal ribbed design keeps the crucial parts intact so you're not left stranded on the trail.
The outer pivots on the lower control arms utilize heavy-duty Moog ball joints which are low maintenance and easily serviceable. Controlled side by side testing was done between Moog ball joints and the industry-standard 1" uniball for the outer pivot. The result was better on-road tracking with the Moog ball joints. Other benefits include sealed housing to eliminate noise, a longer life span, and being readily available at auto part stores.
Delrin bushings were chosen for the inner pivots after weighing all the pros and cons between vulcanized rubber bushings, poly bushings, and uniballs. Here are some of their major flaws; vulcanized bushings restrict the amount of articulation, poly bushings are too soft for the amount of force on the lower control arms causing premature wear and noise, uniballs quickly become contaminated with dirt making them noisy and they're also expensive to replace.
Additional features on the Dirt King lower control arms include recessed shock mounting with a drain hole and accept all types of shocks and struts. It also accommodates bump stops and limits straps. Progressive steering stops limit the steering throughout the suspension cycle to allow for maximum steering without over articulating the CVs or tie rods. This product is a direct bolt-on application with all necessary hardware included. The arms are coated with a durable black powder coat and all the wearable components are replaceable for a product that will last a lifetime.
- Track Width: Stock
- Maximum Tire Size: 35”
- Maximum Backspacing: 4.75”
- Minimum Rim Size: 16”
- Compatible with factory sway bar: Yes
- Bump Stop Size: 2.0 x 2.0
- Coil-Over Shock Size: OEM replacement coil overs
If installing 35” tires modifications to the wheel wells and bumper will need to be made for proper tire clearance.
- Boxed plate lower control arms
- 1/8" aluminum skid plate
- Delrin bushings
- Grease fittings
- Moog ball joints
- Brushed stainless steel logo plates
- Grade 8 mounting hardware
- Zinc-plated inner bushing sleeves
- Zinc plated bump stop spacers
- Durable black powder coat finish
- Dirt King sticker pack
- Installation instructions
- CAD designed
- Slanted front plate to deflect objects
- Internally ribbed with extrusions for weight reduction
- Preassembled for fast installation
- Grease fitting ports for easy servicing
- Zinc plated components for corrosion resistance
- Bump stop plating
- Limit strap tabbing
- Professionally MIG welded
- Proudly made in the USA
- 2003-Current Toyota 4Runner 2WD / 4WD
- 2007-2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser 2WD / 4WD
- Please contact us if you plan on installing this kit with lift spindles or a bracket lift.